Wednesday, January 07, 2009

December 08 Camping Trip - Days 1 & 2

Mum and I went camping this year for Christmas. Without all the little side-trips and driving around, we travelled over 1,200km in the course of 7 or 8 days. The first day, going from my place to Portland, was one of the longest we spent travelling, at just over 4 hours. I'll post our trip, a day at a time, because I want to share some of what we saw with you. It was a fantastic trip, so stay tuned for more.


View Larger Map


The day after our afternoon tea experience we packed up mum's car and hit the open road - Honda CRV beats modified Pulsar hands down for space and travelling comfort on rough roads! First stop - Portland, to share Christmas with my brother, his partner (M), and her family.




We didn't do too many things while we were here, but M was lovely and drove us around a few of the major sights. The Cape Nelson lighthouse is the first picture, and the next two are views from that headland. It really is a pretty place, I'm sure I'll be back.

No comments: