Monday, February 23, 2009

Tongue Twisters

I really don't know why, but all my life I've enjoyed tongue twisters.

We all know the old "Peter Piper", and "She sells seashells" (whoa, it's even interesting trying to TYPE that one!), but for several days now I've had the pheasant plucker twister stuck in my head. You know the one:

I'm not the pheasant plucker
I'm the pheasant plucker's son
I'm only plucking pheasants
Till the pheasant plucker comes

Try saying it - out loud - several times very quickly, see what happens.

Why can't I have something intellectual or thought-provoking stuck in my head?

3 comments:

Helmaree said...

This is my favorite verse:

I'm not the pheasant plucker
I'm the pheasant plucker's wife
And when we pluck together
It's a pheasant plucking life!


Of course you can guess what the last line comes out as when you mess it up ;)

Here's a link to the whole thing:
ttp://pheasant-plucker.urbanup.com/950409

Anna said...

Hahaha, I love it all XD

Is it a sign of a dirty mind that I have this stuck in there?

Helmaree said...

You needed to read that to know that you have a dirty mind?! *snicker*