Monday, July 16, 2007

The Shave: Three Months Later


Well, I don't know about you, and I don't want to sound "up myself", but I really think the hair is growing back quite nicely. It's been three months now since The Shave, and it's got enough length back that it's starting to look more like I MEANT to have this hair-do.

Of course, it still has a mind of its own -- the best I can do is make sure it's not sticking straight up in the air (as it does when I first wake up of a morning, or after I've towel-dried it), after that it settles any way it likes.

It is nice though to have rediscovered my natural hair colour: I don't think I've seen it in 10 years or more!

Oh yes, and I finally got up the courage at the one-month mark to send a picture to my mum. But then I had no idea whether or not she received it, as she didn't make any comment! So I sent this one to her tonight... her reply: Looks nice.

Looks nice? LOOKS NICE?! Such an accepting mien after I stressed over it all??!!

Ok! :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to change your profile photo with the new 'do :-) It looks smashing!

Anna said...

I just realised the new pic is currently in a good place for comparison to the old one. Hair vs no hair! Makeup vs no makeup!

Hm, I might change it... we'll see :-)

thanh7580 said...

Anna, definitely the short hair and no make up. You look ten times better without the make up. The short hair cut really suits you. You remind me of this model on America's Next Top Model (last seasons show I think, not sure since I saw the show while on holiday in Malaysia), she had this short hair and a resemblance to you.

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

Thanks Thanh. - although your memory of that show may be foggy :) I think this is definitely my better angle (hence most pictures of me are from it!).

I'm still not used to NOT being able to shake my hair over my face and hide behind it: I never realised how often I did that until I couldn't any more.


That reminds me, I took a pic of "the yoda shirt" at Hog's Breath Cafe, will have to find it.

It's all part of the plan... said...

Hey, you look pixie-cute with short hair, suits you :) I keep wondering what I'd look like if I shaved my head but I'm too scared to do it lol.

Also those salmon cake thingies look awesome. I'm going to try them ASAP.

R.

Anna said...

Hey Rosemary - you're alive!

Re. the hair - you think? I've had a few people tell me I should keep it this length. I dunno... I figure I'll see how it goes the longer it gets, and just might end up keeping it short for a while. And I think you'd look cool with short hair! Go nuts, give it a go - the worst that can happen is that you don't like it, so just grow it again!