Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Eating In: Home-Made Pizza



I don't know why I don't have this type of dinner more often! It might not be pretty, but DAMN it's tasty. Not to mention the lovely smell in the house.

I was looking at a packet of wholemeal "Mountain Bread" at work today thinking "what on earth am I going to do to use this up?" I eyes roamed absently over the packet, when the word "pizza" jumped out at me. Hmm, yes, what a good idea.

Of course, the great thing about home-made pizza is that it can have exactly what you want on it. For me it's the merest swipe of tomato paste topped with capsicum, semi-dried tomatoes, pineapple and ham, with a smattering of cheese to finish it all off. In line with my "make a better me" resolve all ingredients were low fat, low salt, low sugar, etc. and as healthy as I could get them. And you know what - it still tasted awesome. The mountain bread was delightful - light, and crispy, and added a lovely ever-so-subtle flavour to everything else.

I cooked up two - one to eat tonight (which I've just finished, yummo!) and one for lunch tomorrow. It can't come soon enough!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I really should make these more often - they really are tasty and simple, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...yum. It certainly beats my tuna on toast today!!

Anna said...

Hi Cindy. Oh yes, so simple, so tasty, SO good! I have no idea why I don't do it more often.

Mel, if it makes you feel better, my morning tea is a tin of tuna :s and you know how I feel about fish! I'm off to Kenzan to have my first attempt at salmon at lunch - wish me luck!