Saturday, March 17, 2007

Vegetable Meme

Mel over at Tummy Rumbles passed the baton, and I'm taking it up.

1. Is there a vegetable you hated as a child, but came to love as you got older?

Broccoli. Ewwwwww. Even if mum dished it up smothered in cheese sauce I wouldn't have a bar of it. Now I love it, think it's fantastic, have it in everything I can think of, or just steamed in the microwave with some cauliflower, carrot, zucchini, green beans... brilliant in a stir-fry, spag bol...

2. Most underrated vegetable?

Hm, probably have to agree with TR here and go with onion. As you can see below, I roasted one for my dinner the other night and it was gooooooooood. They're such a great little thing, go with anything!

3. Name one favourite summer vegetable dish

Hm, summer vegetable dish... as in a dish that you make with vegetables in summer, or a dish that uses summer vegetables? I'm not that creative, really. Love a good stirfry, but that's not specifically a summer vegetable dish... you can eat it in summer, though... I dunno.... hmm...

4. And one for winter?

A good casserole choc-full of potatoes and carrots and beans and corn and anything else you want to throw in. Or soup: potato and leek, vegetable, pumpkin, pea and ham. Anything hot that's been cooking a while and is full of flavour.

5. Is there a vegetable you really like but don't make much yourself?

Yes - eggplant. Love it but too scared to try cooking it myself - worried it'll go VERY wrong!

No comments: