Friday, June 25, 2010

Blueberry Yoghurt Cake

I like cakes. A lot. I like to bake them. I like to eat them. And I really like it when I manage to bake one that people enjoy.

This one is nice and easy, although it did give me a scare, I have to admit - when I peaked in the oven and saw this:


I thought "uh oh". But it all turned out OK.

Blueberry Yoghurt Cake

125g butter
1 cup caster sugar
3 eggs
1 cup plain flour
1 cup self-raising flour
3/4 cup vanilla yoghurt
1 cup frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 180C (or 160C if it's fan-forced). Grease a 20cm round tin. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, and mix each in well before adding the next. Sift 1/2 cup of the plain flour and 1/2 cup of the self-raising flour over the butter mixture. Fold in. Fold in half the yoghurt. Fold in the remaining flour and then the remaining yoghurt.

Spoon the batter into the cake tin. Sprinkle a few blueberries around the top and press them into the cake batter. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Once the cake is cooked through remove it from the oven and leave it in the tin for about 10 minutes, then turn it onto a wire rack to cool completely. Sift some icing sugar over to serve.

I wouldn't mind this dished up with some ice cream and cream too...

No comments: