Friday, February 15, 2008

ROADTRIP!!! Wagga for a Holiday



Imagine opening your eyes to this in the morning, with the sounds of magpies and assorted other birdies singing you into the waking world. Welcome to my days in Wagga, approximately 4.5 hours drive north of my front door.

I was lucky enough to be able to stay with a friend while I was there - the guy she is sharing the house of was really nice in giving me a roof, also taking care of my food, and endless cups of tea (and rather too much red wine). It was just fantastic. When I left yesterday I was actually a little sad to be heading back to the real world :-( The time away really was exactly what I needed: a few days of peace, laziness, and no work. I even slept well!! (for those who don't know, I don't sleep very well, particularly in new places, so this was a TRULY amazing thing). All up I think I only did about 1,100km the whole trip, so that was nice and easy too.

*sigh* But tomorrow is work again at 7am :-( Then off to Canberra next week. Life goes on, eh? :-)

No comments: