Thursday, September 13, 2007

90-Day Check-In


Well, folks, I was slack, and didn't report my 60-day results. They were good, in that there were losses in weight and centimetres instead of gains, but they weren't all that note-worthy.


But despite all the fine food in Canberra, and a few brushes with the dreaded flu, I've managed to keep up some steady progress.

Tonight I had my 90-day check-in, and thought I'd report some results (figures are total to date):

Resting heart rate: down 4 beats per minute
Blood pressure: MUCH better
Weight: 5kg
Hips: 5cm
Waist: 17.5cm
Thighs and Arms: 1cm each

Again, I've been told not to stress too much about the centimetres on legs and arms, as there are now definitely muscles in there! I just have to get rid of the insulation :-)

So, guys, I'm getting there. It's a slow and often painful (quite literally) process. But I'm getting there. My eating habits are also turning around.

So yeah, it's hard, but I keep trying, and it's nice to see results keep coming, however small.


3 comments:

thanh7580 said...

Good stuff Anna, you're doing great. I've just started doing exercise again since the weather is nice and I can jog outside after work. I've gained like 5cm around my waist during the winter months and I need to remove it now. All the baking and cakes aren't helping me. Why does good tasting stuff have to be bad for you.

Anna said...

Hi Thanh. I agree - why does it all have to taste so good, and yet be so bad?! I've re-found a few "skinny" cookbooks in my collection, so I'm going to start making a few things from there, see how I go. Maybe some banana muffins, or polenta and cottage cheese muffins... there's even a recipe here for a chocolate run and raisin loaf!! So I think I'll start heading in that direction now.

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely fantastic and an inspiration Anna - your dedication is finally paying off!

Great results, and most of all you are going about it the good way - sloooowly and by not depriving yourself too much of the good things in life.