Friday, January 15, 2010

Men of Cricket 2010 Calendar

While I'm blogging about non-food thingies, I thought I'd share with you my thoughts on this year's Men of Cricket Calendar.

This is a joint venture between Cricket Australia, Three Mobile and the McGrath Foundation. Proceeds go to the McGrath Foundation and their efforts to provide Breast Care Nurses for women suffering breast cancer. A damned fine cause, to my mind, and one I'm happy to support, among others, with regular donations.

My mum bought me the 2009 calendar for Christmas a year ago, and I have to say that it stayed February for a fair portion of the year (Mr Katich, I know we're both taken, but you can stop by my place ANY time for a li'l home cookin'... what? You dirty-minded people, I meant I'd make him dinner!).

Anyway, I digress. I bought a calendar each for my mum and myself for 2010, and I have to admit that, while I'm still happy to have it, I'm nowhere near as impressed with the offering this year.

For one, it's in black and white, which I'm sure is meant to be arty, but I prefer colour.

Secondly Messrs January-March all appear to have a hunchback.

Thirdly, I just liked the pictures and poses from last year more than the ones this year.

But hey, these guys are whipping off their shirts for charity, so good on 'em. My dear Mr Katich is still in the 2010 calendar. And this year's calendar won't stop me buying another couple in 2011, if it's done again.

2 comments:

Stuart said...

Hmmph. I wonder if they could get any more airbrushed.

Anna said...

Jealous-much? ;-)