Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hong Kong

I can't really say much about Hong Kong... mainly because I didn't take many pictures!

What I can say is this:

1. If you're there on the weekend, make your way out to the Stanley Market. It's not as big as I thought it might be, but that doesn't mean that it's not great. It's a fair hike out of the centre of Hong Kong - we took a taxi, but there are also busses. Take a hat, sunglasses, cool loose clothing, and a big bottle of water. And be prepared to haggle.

2. Also make sure you check out the Ladies' Market on Tung Choi Street. I can admit, most of the presents I picked up for people came from here, and if you're prepared to barter hard and furiously, you can pick up almost anything here for only a few Australian dollars. It was brilliant.

3. There's a restaurant... dangit... off Peking Road, I think... Macau-type cuisine... DAMMIT what was it called... it didn't look like much, but WOW the food was good. There's a ton of great food to be had in so many places over there... pick one and make it an adventure.

Hm, we spent a weekend there, a lot of it either roaming the markets or relaxing by the pool. It was great, I want to go back! But nothing really to blog about. I guess all I can say is I liked the place, go check it out :-)

No comments: